Saturday, June 15, 2013

We're reading aloud, too, at our house!


My students have been sharing pictures of what they are reading with their moms and dads.....so I thought it should be our turn!  Quinn is 4 and we have recently started reading her chapter books.  We just finished this one--both she and I loved it!  There are two more books in the series that we are anxious to check out.  And anytime I read her a chapter book, I look to see if the library has the book on cd for her to listen to.  Guess what!  She is going to be SO excited!  They have a cd collection with all 3 of the "dragon" stories in this series!  She listens to the cds during her rest time and as she falls asleep at night.  It's a great way to build comprehension and fluency and she also just plain enjoys it!
Now we've moved on to the Junie B. Jones series--and I know many of you are reading them at home, so I'll be excited to see what you think!

Other books we've really enjoyed recently that also come on CD:
Clementine series
Charlotte's Web
James and the Giant Peach

Don't forget to put those library skills Ms. Vilma taught you to good use!  The library is your best tool to keep your little ones absorbed in a book...whether reading it themselves, listening to you, or listening to it on cd!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment